James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for two Marketing Assistants for the Athletics Marketing Department. The Athletics Marketing Assistants will report directly to the Director of Athletics Marketing and will serve an integral role in the operations of the marketing department, working directly with several sports. These positions will develop and execute marketing plans for assigned sports, to include creating attendance programs and initiatives while overseeing game day atmosphere, fan engagement and marketing operations. Other duties will include assisting the Marketing Department with promotions and game day operations for Men's and Women's Basketball and Football, and supporting other department initiatives and special projects as assigned. Both positions will be required to work in an office as well as at numerous athletic events and other promotional events.
- Previous experience in Athletics Marketing, preferably in a campus setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional, results-oriented self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and in group settings with a positive demeanor
- Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail is essential
- Outgoing personality and ability to deal with people in multiple settings and varied backgrounds
- Creative and determined worker that is proactive in sales and promotion
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign or similar)
- Experience in brand marketing or athletics marketing
- Knowledge of and interest in Collegiate Athletics
- Bachelor's or master's degree in marketing, sport management or another related field
To apply go to http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/3554 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S1326. These are part-time (10-month) wage positions working no more than 1,500 hours over the course of a calendar year with no benefits. Hourly rate is $12.00 per hour.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.