Carmel Catholic High School is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications. The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for internal and external communications of the high school. Ideal candidates will possess excellent communication, strategic and analytical skills. This position reports directly to the President. Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related degrees.
Carmel Catholic High School, located in Mundelein, IL is a grade 9-12 coed Catholic High School founded by the Sisters of Charity, BVM and the Order of Carmelites.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing an annual integrated marketing and communications plan targeted to multiple constituencies to further the mission of Carmel Catholic High School. Working closely with the President, Principal, Director of Institutional Advancement, Director of Admissions and the Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors, the Director of Marketing and Communications coordinates and leads the marketing and communications efforts throughout Carmel Catholic High School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and vision for the execution of Carmel Catholic’s strategic plan.
- Develop and implement an annual strategic plan for integrated marketing and communications of Carmel Catholic’s mission through various departments including: Advancement, Admissions, Academics, Athletics and Student Life; collaborate with the directors of each department to further their specific strategic efforts.
- Establish and manage annual budget for marketing and communications’ initiatives.
- Establish systems and procedures to ensure ongoing quality control assessment in marketing.
- Establish metrics to gauge effectiveness of marketing and communications’ initiatives and be proactive in making course adjustments, when needed.
- Maintain thorough, in-depth knowledge of marketing best practices for educational settings with specific emphasis on enrollment, parent communications, alumni engagement and fundraising.
- Responsible for working with a committee to develop tracking surveys for our faculty/staff, alumni, parents and students that gauge satisfaction and provide a means for collecting ongoing feedback about the current and future states of the school. Responsible for questionnaire development, online programming, analysis and presentation.
- Serve as strategist and project manager for all marketing and communications projects supporting the Carmel Catholic community.
- Execute advertising and PR strategies, direct mail initiatives, web-based initiatives and other large-scale projects within deadlines and budget.
- Maintain thorough, in-depth knowledge of all competitor high schools and current and potential feeder parishes and schools.
- With the Director of Admissions, create a communication plan that positions and promotes Carmel Catholic as a school of first choice in the wider community.
- With the Director of Institutional Advancement, create a communications plan that supports our Annual Fund, capital campaigns, advancement events, alumni activities and events, etc.
- With the Principal’s Office, create a marketing and communications plan that provides support for all school-wide special events (e.g., homecoming, prom, honor’s ceremonies, baccalaureate mass, graduation, Catholic Schools Week, etc.).
- Support the Principal, faculty and staff in marketing and communicating to students, parents and the wider community.
- Support and guide the work of the Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors as an ex-officio member and the committee’s primary staff liaison.
- Support the marketing and communication efforts of parent-led associations
- Serve as co-webmaster for school and alumni websites.
- Responsible for social media policy and oversight of social media management.
- Represent CCHS at Open House and other special events, as needed.
- Oversee management of event sponsorships with our feeder parishes and schools.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure receipt of competitive pricing and optimal timing (e.g., print vendors, freelance designers and copywriters, media companies, etc.).
- Be the “voice of the consumer” when discussing current and future operations and offerings; use consumer data to support or refute new ideas.
- Member of CCHS administration.
- Other duties as assigned.