For 40 years the mission of RMHC-CNI has been to care for families of children with complex medical needs by providing comfort, compassion and a sense of community. RMHC-CNI keeps families of hospitalized children together in a ‘home away from home’.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the development and execution of marketing and communications plans to realize RMHCCNI’s mission and business plan goals. The manager is directly responsible for generating content that advances the brand while managing various digital and traditional marketing channels including web, social media, newsletters, e-communications, and other related activities. This position partners with operations, development, and special events to advise and assist in the execution of events marketing plans. In addition, the manager maintains an ongoing assessment of communications and marketing needs in keeping with brand, budget and priorities. This position works closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with the VP of MARCOMM and other team members develop, implement, and evaluate RMHC-CNI’s annual communications and marketing plans.
- Work closely with marketing and development department team members, to ensure that both revenue and expense goals are met.
- Maintain brand standards and advices team members of proper use and direction of logos and templates.
- Keep current with current marketing communications trends and proactively advise on best course of action.
Communications – Social Media
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including developing and posting relevant content to gain desired results. Analyze relevant data ongoing recent social media activity, providing insights and recommendations as needed. Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting, and optimization of channels.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and Communications on fostering media relations (i.e. press releases, story pitches, talking point preparation, maintain list of media partners, etc.). Work with media monitoring service to post releases and monitor earned media.
- Acting editor of newsletter. Write, edit, and proofread newsletters and other support materials.
- Assist with additional communication projects as needed and as capacity allows.
- Develop and execute ongoing web strategy and tactics to achieve desired results.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, event materials, and e-communications. .
- Manage and evaluate direct mail campaign marketing programs and vendors associated.
- Grow engagement, reach, referral traffic and conversions through proactive organic and paid campaigns and management.
ANCILLARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct and enforce brand standards set both locally and at the global RMHC level.
- Assist with select committees, providing positive committee engagement through recruitment and comprehensive support aimed at achieving the Charity’s strategic goals.